Sunday, August 31, 2008

Being Truly Numb

Yesterday my pinkie and ring finger on my left hand went completely numb on the third joint. Whenever I use them it feels like they are "asleep". I have retained the dexterity inherent in them but not the ability to feel much heat or cold. I can tell when something is touching the tip by the way it travels like a wave up my finger. Because of this I can sympathize with people who live with numb appendages or paralyzation, or even leprosy. I don't believe the numbness will last very long but I intend to write a short story on the subject from the point of view of someone who suffers a condition similar to this. It is not ready yet, so be patient.

Until then,

The Stranger

1 comment:

Blacksheep said...

hmmm idk that you can truly sympathize, and understand what it's like to have leprosy just because of some numb fingers. I would think if you knew you where slowly dying each day of a disease your sympathy would be different and perhaps run much deeper. lol I do look forward to reading what you have to say when it is ready though. keep up the good work stranger.

About Me

My photo
If you don't already know me, you don't need to know. If you know me then you already know. You will find only my thoughts in this blog, hopefully you will also think.