Monday, July 20, 2009

Friday Morning to Monday Morning

Greetings Gents! There are two primary reasons to my more absent postings of late. First, I've been working on a story and it hasn't been progressing well. Second, I was out of town! I visited a city three hours SSW of where I live currently, to my great delight. Enjoyed Mangolian style food, good fellowship, and new friendships. All in all a worthwhile trip. I also learned that at an illegal cruising speed of 75 MPH my 94 Honda Civic CX gets 61.79 miles to the gallon. MWAHA! This pleased my poor college student pockets to no end, I can almost one shot it to the college from just the numbers. It is only about 650 some miles away, and I did make it 590 before refilling. I digress, I want an opinion from you, my audience. Should I continue to try to make this current (sub-par imho) story work? OR should I abandon it in the hopes that I shall have some other concoction in the mixing? Up to you.

Dt

4 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Why are you writing this story? I say, go for it.

The Stranger said...

Well, it's not coming so well because the idea that is being described isn't an original one and I can't think of a good way to make it come out more... Strangeresque. So... Sadness! That's why it's a little hard for me to deal with.

Dt

Jason said...

I'm incredulous. 40 is believable. 50? Whoa. Over 60? Wow. 590 miles on 1 tank? I'm... incredulous.

And besides, mpg tanks (pi) as you go above 60.


Oh, curious, if the idea isn't original, what has driven you to writing it?

The Stranger said...

You may choose to give credence or to remain incredulous if you wish, I simply state that I drove to Camp David and then to Dayton on a single tank and logged that many miles.

Nothing drives me to write that story any more, I have abandoned it, see new post for details.

About Me

My photo
If you don't already know me, you don't need to know. If you know me then you already know. You will find only my thoughts in this blog, hopefully you will also think.