Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fighting Flesh

I sat in the chair and I began to look away and into space. In the darkness of my mind I saw it all sail away. I knew them all once long ago and yet I can't recall. The names go down into darkness. The faces float past me and laugh at my distress. I'm lost in the past because I just can't let go. I lost them all and like precious jewels they were stolen away. I loved them all and like fuel to the fire they were burnt out. They were with me once and I still see faces. I slowly fade from myself and forget the names. I’d rather go into the darkness than remember. In my despair my greatest fear becomes my salvation. I lie to myself and I believe me, for I dare not remember and lose myself again. I know now nothing except for words, endless words, and the person who comes and says to me, “take these pills and get better.” Why am I in rubber walls? Why can't I go? Why won't you leave me? With you here I am never alone. I've got big brother in the corner and little sisters dancing in my mind. I know nothing like a foreigner and I can never be among my own kind. Won't you save me from myself? I put my knowledge on the shelf and slowly drift away.

Dt

No comments:

About Me

My photo
If you don't already know me, you don't need to know. If you know me then you already know. You will find only my thoughts in this blog, hopefully you will also think.