Sunday, September 27, 2009

I Arise

"Unable to endure the aspect of the being I had created, I rushed out of the room, and continued a long time traversing my bed-chamber, unable to compose my mind to sleep." --Frankenstein

Greetings my friends. Time passes fast here on campus, I trust time will pass like a blitzing tunnel and the moment we see one another again be closer than it now seems. I took my first exam of the year on Thursday in Latin III, I think it went well but we shall see if I am a lover of opinion or knowledge when the grade is returned. I am slated to do a Physics exam this coming week as well at least it's take home.

This was taken at The Awakening. The event was originally advertised to me as an all day worship event, as you may very well suspect my excitement was quite high. When I arrived and heard the first band began to play I realized something, this was a Christian carnival not a worship event. My initial response was dismay but eventually I decided that there was a place for such activities, by any means let them come to the Truth. The gospel was preached by Disciple in a very clear and passionate way and I am thankful.

I had a headache there several times during the day, that atmosphere was difficult to discern with its mixture of ardor and apathy. Much to my delight I found the prayer tent, plopped down, and prayed for a long while for friends and family, and my headache. In the middle of praying for my headache to disperse I fell headlong into a nap. Yes, I know, spirit = willing, body = weak. And yet, when I awoke I was well rested and my head hurt no longer. Hallelujah.

I attended a Freshman Appreciation Swing dance. I danced every single dance save 3 and almost every dance was with someone I hadn't danced with before. I'll quote some comments made about my "skills". Jeff Weinmeister, "I saw you dancin' and I said, 'Dang that kid can cut a rug!'", Dan Levesque, "I think that your reputation as being just crazy is changed a little bit, you're still crazy but you do it in skillful ways." Bart Gingerich, "You're a brute when you dance. I'm bruter than you but still, you're a brute." Tanner Lovette, "I didn't expect any of the freshman to know how to dance, and you danced really well."

You may have noticed I didn't include female comments on my dancing skills. I can summarize them all in a single sentence. 'Thank you for the dance, you dance well, I had fun.' In the end a good time was had by most. (excluding those who must not be named, the ones who spurned the swing)





Here's a video of our victory tunnel after our girls won a game 5-1, and that's with many injured players. In fact, we have so many injured athletes that Dr. Farris said, "We could have an All American crutch fleet." Yeah, thanks.

There's not too much else to report. I have made a good friend in "someone like Laedelas", she even has an elfin name. With this friendship I have begun building my PHC family, as I do wherever I go. Dt the Christian mob boss. If any of you visit I'll make sure to introduce you to the new sister, Abbi. No brothers besides those I already had previous, Brian and Jacob. I think that perhaps my cube-mate Jeremy could fit that bill, he doesn't mind "the crazies" and he goes to fight club... We shall see! With that I leave you to attend to dinner, pax dei vobiscum.

Dt

5 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Yay a blog post! Yay a twin (?) sister! Love the quotes on dancing :-)

Madison said...

Laedelas beat me here! Glad to hear you're doing well. Hope that trend continues. Why do they call it "cutting a rug" I wonder...

The Stranger said...

Because they look so sharp dancing!

Jason said...

Good to see an update!

So... you actually prefer take-homes?

The Stranger said...

Let's just say Physics takes more time than some things to test...

About Me

My photo
If you don't already know me, you don't need to know. If you know me then you already know. You will find only my thoughts in this blog, hopefully you will also think.