Friday, April 4, 2008

CONTROL, Control, control, con.

A memory is lost in the heated fight,
and an angel cries over her rights.
The two ideas battle to and fro;
ever alone and never to grow.
Should she go or should she stay?
She never knew the right way.
One idea rises above the other;
she leaves her house, her land, and her brother.
She walks down the dark stairs;
with blood on the note like nobody cares.
Emotions so fierce they would move the world;
if only she’d see it all unfurled.
Her name is the loneliness carrying her away;
ever on, should she go or should she stay.
With every step she questions her reasons;
knowing she’ll turn to save her treasons
For now she dwells in her myriad of thoughts;
never remembering the love that was lost.
Why can’t she see her arm as it bleeds?
She can’t remember her most basic needs.
So even now as we meet.
She is in a corner crying over a fee.
Dt

3 comments:

Jason said...

Do you come up with this "on the spot"?

I take a loooong time to write, and that's without even trying poetry.

The Stranger said...

My writing skills are dificult to pin down on time. If it takes me a long time to write then something is a little off. In general when I write it does not take me long to do so, poetry like this would be down and finished in less than five minutes.

But there is a catch, in general all my writing and poetry has to mean something to me or else it feels dead when it is written. This particular poem held deep significance to me and to someone I knew who was losing control and didn't like it. Why do you ask?

Jason said...

Why? I'm always curious to learn how others go about writing.

About Me

My photo
If you don't already know me, you don't need to know. If you know me then you already know. You will find only my thoughts in this blog, hopefully you will also think.