Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Masquerade

With eyes fading fast I looked at what stood in front of me. The scene was usual, and so were those who shared it. Each of them familiar. All of them distant. Singularly secluded yet when they were unified they were lost. I sympathized with their jaded hearts, and understood the meaning of shame.

It seemed as though we walked down every street together. Perusing the wares of all and none. Interested in the silly things we abandoned rational thought. For as every item was bought or sold, and every thing devoured, we grew in size in each other's eyes while we diminished in our own. How is it that all I once knew I left behind this static smile?

While my plan accomplished a goal, but did not do it well, the pressure and pull in the fabric of life put a drain onto my role. We were miserable, and we were alone, even while we socialized with each other. So as my mask cracked, and the pieces came undone, I knew there was an answer to remove every one's.

With my eyes gleaming bright I looked at who stood in front of me. I saw their pain, their buried sufferings. And I dug, alone at first and for a while spurned. But still I uncovered deeper layers and removed darker dirt. Then they saw their farce, the fascimile of their remorse. And shyly at the start they dug along my side. Thus we raced towards the core, to reach the cancer and remove its source.

Every time we approached it, the great suffering drew away. Until suddenly our own tunnel collapsed onto the path we had forged. There was no time I felt more alone, than when cramped together in the darkness of a doom. Yet even though we failed we hoped, and for the first time prayed. That a greater excovator would come and like a surgeon remove the infamous blame.

The change was subtle, yet growing stronger every moment. All the while after our plea I knew that one had done the deed. And as my hope was taking wing all dirt removed itself from me. My masks now gone, my friends as well, we stood together and looked to tell. The masquerade is finished, and no more dances need be done. To satisfy a mysterious fiddler whose tune could only be danced by one.

Dt

No comments:

About Me

My photo
If you don't already know me, you don't need to know. If you know me then you already know. You will find only my thoughts in this blog, hopefully you will also think.