Tuesday, April 8, 2008

An interesting qoute

The following qoutation has been on my mind for a while. In fact whenever I read it my heart is deeply moved. I hope you enjoy it as well. The topic of the qoute is love.

"He threshes you to make you naked.
He sifts you to free you from your husks.
He grinds you to whiteness. He kneads you until you are pliant;
And then he assigns you to his sacred fire,

that you may become sacred bread for God's sacred feast.
All these things shall love do unto you

that you may know the secrets of your heart,
and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart.
But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure,
Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness

and pass out of love's threshing-floor,
Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter,

and weep, but not all of your tears."

- The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran

Dt

No comments:

About Me

My photo
If you don't already know me, you don't need to know. If you know me then you already know. You will find only my thoughts in this blog, hopefully you will also think.